Usually im not the kind of exotic eater or I dont normally eat weird kind of food. But i do admit that i love to eat GAMAT or most known as marine sea cucumber. Errr can it be called as exotic food? Gamat or Golden sea cucumber can rarely be seen in the open seabed.
Although can be classified under holothurians, unlike most of the sea cucumber, this marine species is very rich in mucopolysaccharides and chondoritins and other soft tissues resembling soft cartilage, explaining for the facts that it melts when exposed to the sunlight. It's also rich in other natural nutrients such as protein, vitamins A and C, iron, calcium, magnesium and zinc.WHERE do i get the GAMAT from?
- Buy from Indonesia. South of Surabaya, Indonesia.
WHY do i LOVE to eat GAMAT??
- It's has a nice salty exotic taste. I'm not sure u people able to eat the real gamat or not.
- It's rich with a lot of natural nutrient.
Taste of Gamat
Simple dish using Gamat
- Gamat (Sea Cucumber)
- Chilli, chopped coarsely
- Onion, chopped coarsely
- sugar half table spoon
1. Dice Mangoes and cucumber combine with other ingredients.
2. Mix well and serve chilled or at room temperature.